Confused Between Saving and Investing? Learn How to Better Manage Your Finances With These Expert Insights
We all have found ourselves in a rut due to our financial situations at some point in our lives. Happens to the best of us. And, tell you what, it’s easily avoidable. The only problem is that we don’t really know how to manage our finances.
For example, savings and investments are both great ways to accumulate a large amount of money. But, not a lot of people realize that they’re not the same thing. As a consumer, and someone who’s looking to build a better life- financially speaking- you need to know when its’ a good time to save and when it’s a good time to invest.
Unsplash | Acquiring a large amount of wealth is the target of every person
So, the biggest difference between investing and saving is the risk factor that is involved. Saving is a perfect way of accumulating a decent- albeit not that much- amount of money, with absolutely no risk involvement. Investment, however, does entail taking a risk, but it guarantees a higher return.
In the long run, both saving and investing are important if you’re looking to acquire substantial wealth.
The Pros and Cons of Saving
There are many benefits of saving your money. For starters, it’s the safest and most certified way of building your wealth. Other than that, it’s guaranteed. Every month, you have a fixed income, from which you decide what to use and what to put away at the end of each month. So, for the most part, if you plan right, you can rest assured that you will have money to save up at the end of the month.
Benefits of Saving:
– You get to know upfront how much interest you’ll be earning on a certain amount of balance
– Up to $250,000 is guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, so even though the returns might be lower, you’re definitely not going to lose any money while using a savings account.
– You can get your money whenever you need it.
– It is a pretty straightforward procedure and very easy to do.
Unsplash | Saving money has both its advantages and disadvantages
Drawbacks of Saving
– Returns are very low. You’d definitely earn more by investing (if you get the hang of it)
– Inflation tends to eat away at your savings over time.
Pros and Cons of Investing
Without a doubt, saving up is a much safer move as compared to investing. However, it won’t really help you get that much wealth in the long run.
Benefits of Investing
– Investing in places like the stock market can get you a much higher return than saving.
– You can quickly liquidate most investments, so you won’t have to worry about not having cash when you need it.
– If you invest in a broad and diversified array of stocks, you’ll be able to rise above the inflation rate, thereby increasing your purchasing power.
Unsplash | The stock market can be quite tricky at times
Drawbacks of Investing
– There’s no way of guaranteeing returns. Even the best of the best investors lose money while investing
– It is ideal to leave your money in your investment account for at least 3 years to ensure a minimum loss.
– The broker fee is another payment that you’d have to make on top of your investments.
Neither investing nor saving is the best means of gathering a substantial wealth. But, you can always choose which means you’re more comfortable with.
More in Advisor
Getting Ready to Plunge into Investments? Have a look at These Tips for some Cool Ideas
Investing in stocks isn’t easy; one needs to develop their knowledge and convert it into a realistic plan. It’s not about...July 29, 2020
Learn How to Secure Your Child’s Future With These Invaluable Insights
Becoming a parent is the most joyous experience of one’s life; however, with the arrival of a new family member, expenses...July 26, 2020
Are you familiar with these Loan Forgiveness Programs for Students?
Student loans make for a viable option to pay for your education, but often, repaying them can be a bit of...July 25, 2020
Lufthansa Airlines is Launching a New Leisure Unit under the name ‘Ocean’ – Here’s Everything You Need to Know
The airline industry is facing a major challenge during the past few months owing to the complete paralysis of movement, thanks...July 23, 2020
Cool Tips to avoid Letting your Income Subside During Coronavirus
There’s an astonishing number of people adversely impacted by Coronavirus all around the world. This stark reality is evident from the...July 22, 2020
The Most Favorable Things in Which You Can Invest In 2020
While the world was anticipating a financial and economic crisis similar to the one in 2008, it instead found itself facing...July 21, 2020
Looking to Secure Your Wealth During These Uncertain Times? These Low-Risk Investment Ideas Might Be Just What You Need
The year 2020 has presented the world economy with unprecedented challenges. Due to the coronavirus emergency and the worldwide reactions to...July 15, 2020
Learn How to Ace Your Next Video Interview With These Expert Tips
Due to the limitations of the Covid-19 pandemic, many people have been met with new issues that need immediate resolution. One of...July 14, 2020
Finances Got You By The Throat? Here’s How You Can Reduce Your Tax Payments This Year
Tax day is due July 15th and not everyone is looking forward to it. In 2019, approximately 8 million people did...July 13, 2020