Confused Between Saving and Investing? Learn How to Better Manage Your Finances With These Expert Insights
We all have found ourselves in a rut due to our financial situations at some point in our lives. Happens to the best of us. And, tell you what, it’s easily avoidable. The only problem is that we don’t really know how to manage our finances.
For example, savings and investments are both great ways to accumulate a large amount of money. But, not a lot of people realize that they’re not the same thing. As a consumer, and someone who’s looking to build a better life- financially speaking- you need to know when its’ a good time to save and when it’s a good time to invest.
Unsplash | Acquiring a large amount of wealth is the target of every person
So, the biggest difference between investing and saving is the risk factor that is involved. Saving is a perfect way of accumulating a decent- albeit not that much- amount of money, with absolutely no risk involvement. Investment, however, does entail taking a risk, but it guarantees a higher return.
In the long run, both saving and investing are important if you’re looking to acquire substantial wealth.
The Pros and Cons of Saving
There are many benefits of saving your money. For starters, it’s the safest and most certified way of building your wealth. Other than that, it’s guaranteed. Every month, you have a fixed income, from which you decide what to use and what to put away at the end of each month. So, for the most part, if you plan right, you can rest assured that you will have money to save up at the end of the month.
Benefits of Saving:
– You get to know upfront how much interest you’ll be earning on a certain amount of balance
– Up to $250,000 is guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, so even though the returns might be lower, you’re definitely not going to lose any money while using a savings account.
– You can get your money whenever you need it.
– It is a pretty straightforward procedure and very easy to do.
Unsplash | Saving money has both its advantages and disadvantages
Drawbacks of Saving
– Returns are very low. You’d definitely earn more by investing (if you get the hang of it)
– Inflation tends to eat away at your savings over time.
Pros and Cons of Investing
Without a doubt, saving up is a much safer move as compared to investing. However, it won’t really help you get that much wealth in the long run.
Benefits of Investing
– Investing in places like the stock market can get you a much higher return than saving.
– You can quickly liquidate most investments, so you won’t have to worry about not having cash when you need it.
– If you invest in a broad and diversified array of stocks, you’ll be able to rise above the inflation rate, thereby increasing your purchasing power.
Unsplash | The stock market can be quite tricky at times
Drawbacks of Investing
– There’s no way of guaranteeing returns. Even the best of the best investors lose money while investing
– It is ideal to leave your money in your investment account for at least 3 years to ensure a minimum loss.
– The broker fee is another payment that you’d have to make on top of your investments.
Neither investing nor saving is the best means of gathering a substantial wealth. But, you can always choose which means you’re more comfortable with.
More in Advisor
Why It’s Important to Review Your Plans After Retirement
Now that you have retired, you need to ask yourself some vital questions. These questions sort of help you examine your...April 29, 2020
Amazon Steals Project Runway’s Award-winning Hosts Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn with a Very Lucrative Deal
Project Runway is about to lose its award-winning judging duo, Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum. And guess who’s poaching the show’s...April 29, 2020
They Dropped out of College But That Didn’t Stop Them from Conquering the World
Is that college degree all that necessary? You must have thought about it – dropping out of college. Aren’t there billionaires...April 29, 2020
Finance Forecast: Here’s What Investors Can Expect in The Coming Year’s Economy & Global Market State
According to predictions, stocks may reach record highs as 2019 draws to a close. However, Wall Street has already begun issuing warnings...April 28, 2020
This Is The Simple Yet Revealing Question Tesla CEO Elon Musk Asks Applicants to Catch Those Who Bluff During Interviews
Being a hands-on business owner comes with a lot of responsibilities. This includes picking the right people to bring on board...April 28, 2020
The Shocking Reason Why Some People Never Retire
Changing Trends In recent times, it has become commonplace for baby boomers to keep working even into their 80s. Different reasons...April 28, 2020
eMerge Americas Lines up Promising Startups to Pitch to Potential Investors Like Pitbull
There’s no debating that Silicon Valley remains the leading hub for tech startups in the world. The entrepreneurial energy in the...April 28, 2020
How to Prepare for an Unexpected Early Retirement
One of the reasons why people work so hard is so that when they retire, they would have enough money to...April 28, 2020
Rapper Kanye West Is Expanding His Real Estate Holdings In The Unlikeliest Of Places–Check Out His New Purchase Here
Kanye West is best known for his music and clothing business ventures. But it looks like the 42-year-old rapper is really...April 17, 2020