Wondering How to Run Your Law Firm Remotely? Here Are Some Tips
Since the spread of COVID-19, every business has suffered in one way or another. Just like all other organizations, law firms have also had to adapt to a remote working environment. While some firms can naturally and comfortably adjust to the dynamics of digital trade, others that are traditionally quite detached from technology struggle, some even to the point of shut down. This is especially true of companies that have been around for decades and have always used manual processes.
Several law firms have reported losing their staff and high-profile clients because of their inability to transition to an online working mode smoothly. But since everything and everyone must adapt according to the situation, such firms have no option today but to switch to a remote work setting.
So, if your law firm is looking to make the transition to an online working setup, here are a few tips that can help.
First things first – Update your methods
A remote work environment might look daunting, but it’s the need of the hour. So as the first step, start using the necessary equipment:
- Establish an electronic signature process. You could use a third-party app or have a custom one built for your firm.
- Start managing invoices through emails more than USPS. Using emails simplifies the job of the accounting department, as they can record transactions easily.
- Make full use of online video conferencing tools. Whenever talking to staff or clients, use tools like Zoom, Slack, Google Meet, etc., over audio calls. These apps act as a more transparent and efficient medium of staying in touch with people.
- Moving financial transactions online to increase client count and reliability.
How to communicate with your clients?
Distance working might hamper communication with clients, but you have to make sure that they don’t feel out of place. Adopt new technologies and work policies as they’re sure to benefit you in the long term. Moreover, give clients a convenient experience so that they come back to you.
You can use these tips to enhance your relationship with clients.
- Send regular emails to existing clients informing them about the firm’s status. You can even update them on crucial stuff like employee rights, federal legislation, company laws, or anything concerning their business. This gesture will act as an assurance that the firm is working efficiently.
- Engage in active communication with existing and potential clients and stay open to doubts, queries, or suggestions.
- Assure clients that the firm is working on their case by being responsive and committed. Make sure that the client doesn’t feel ignored.
- Call your clients to assure and update them about the work. Take out some time for previous clients and inform them about the firm’s functioning. Staying in touch with clients might help with referrals when the economy bounces back.
As they say, tough times never last, but tough people do. Similarly, with a strategic approach and support from loyal clients, your firm can reach new heights. All you have to do is pay attention to your clients’ needs and work earnestly.
More in Advisor
Kick-starting a Financial Plan? Rope in a Financial Planner First!
Irrespective of how much you earn, you need to start saving and investing at some point in life. After all, if...April 4, 2021
Former US President’s Economic Advisor Guarantees Retirement Savings For All Americans in His Proposal
For decades, the US economy continues to fall short of sufficient wealth and retirement funds for most Americans. Kevin Hassett, the...April 2, 2021
Life Changing Money Saving Tips For Millennials
Though every generation experiences a different set of economic barriers, millennials’ challenges turn out to be unique in every aspect (FYI,...March 26, 2021
Are Investment Tips from Jay-Z Useful for You?
Jay-Z is a 51-year-old American rapper, songwriter, record executive, and entrepreneur. He has dominated the music industry since 1996, and then...March 26, 2021
Beginner Tips to Help You Build a Strong Stock Portfolio
Everything about the stock market screams “jungle”. Yet, this jungle holds the potential of landing you a goldmine. If you’re looking...March 24, 2021
Gold Prices Just Rose Again! Is Investing a Good Idea?
In recent times, a lot of stress has been put on having a sensible investment portfolio. Unfortunately, when given this advice,...March 22, 2021
All You Need to Know About Expanding Your Investments
Financial insecurity has increased greatly over the past year. Many people lost their employments, start-ups were shut down and some even...March 21, 2021
Before You Invest Your Tax Returns or Stimulus Checks, Give This a Read
Tax returns are always great to receive. They’re like a gift you indirectly give yourself. The 2020 tax year, which was...March 20, 2021
What Type of Property Should You Invest In? Here’s How to Sort That Puzzle
If you’re looking to buy a home, the first and foremost decision to make is whether to invest in an already...March 16, 2021